Born and raised in Australia, I was fortunate enough to live only an hour away from some of the best beaches in the world. As a result, I love the ocean and feel alive when I’m close to it. There is no better place to think than sitting on a balcony staring at its bewitching blue depths. In my twenties, I got the chance to live overseas. Getting to experience life in other parts of the world is an extraordinary gift.
I have a degree in Economics—*whispers*which I never used—and after working for a few years moved to Japan to teach English. Japan was responsible for reigniting my Snoopy obsession. In 2013, I moved to America, and what an adventure that has been. I’m determined to see as many places as possible since one of my goals is to visit all fifty states.
For many years, I dreamed of writing a book but I always dismissed the idea as a fantasy rather than something that could become a reality. I spent my days working in jobs I wasn’t very passionate about in order to pay the bills. Over the years, many characters popped up inside my head to tell me their story. In 2013, I took the plunge and decided to share one of them and finally wrote my first book for publication.
If you have ever dreamed of becoming an author, then I have this to say to you. Do it! And, do it now! Don’t wait until tomorrow. Writing is my happy place, and now that two books are completed I can’t believe it took me so long to sit down and start this incredible journey. Pick up that pen, open that word doc, and write. I want to hear what the people inside your head have to say too.
When I’m not travelling or reading a book, I can usually be found at the movies. And love discussing movie adaptations of my favorite books.
A small selection of books I adore:
- The Harry Potter Series—I ❤ Sirius Black
- The Black Dagger Brotherhood
- The Hunger Games—Team Gale
- The Sea of Tranquility
- The Outlander Series
- The Fever Series—wishes JZB was real
- The Obernewtyn Chronicles
- And anything involving vampires of the friendly, good looking variety
Favorite TV shows:
- Game of Thrones
- Deadliest Catch
- Downton Abbey
- Veronica Mars
- True Blood (until it lost the plot)
- *cough*The Bachelor*cough*
Other stuff I love:
- Animals of all shapes and sizes. I particularly love elephants and will one day experience elephant camp. The camp allows you to ride and care for your own elephant each day—including washing him or her in the river
- My ever expanding Snoopy collection
- Making, decorating, and devouring cakes
- Travelling the globe and experiencing life in other lands
- Nail art with all the women of my clan
A Sample Of My Very Long Bucket List:
- Own an American muscle car
- Visit all 50 States in America
- Adopt an ex-racing greyhound
- Drive across the Nullarbor Plain (google it—it’s wild country)
- Travel to Antarctica
- Ride a camel around Uluru (Ayers Rock)
- Visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando, FL
- Make it on to the NYT Best Sellers list (at least once)
- Stay at Elephant Camp in Thailand
- Take horse riding lessons